Thursday, June 18, 2015

The heat broke

Today the horrible heat broke within moments. A thunderstorm rumbled yet there was no rain and a clear sky. The heat dropped from 104 to 90 in minutes.

I didn't do a lot on the bus today. I made two doors for cupboards. One is a bit problematic because of the close proximity of the doorframe. There is a solution however. There is such a thing as a lift on lift off hinge also called a rising hinge. As the door opens, it rises. The door can at any point simply be lifted off its hinges and placed out if the way. Trying to get a pair is hard though. 20 years ago, I bought a pair for my darkroom. Trying to get a pair in America seems impossible though. EBay has them at ludicrous prices though.

Anyway, here's a picture of my doors. I'll do a top for the counter and then paint it. It's almost finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment