Thursday, July 2, 2015

Paint, paint and more paint

Today was just a painting day. Yesterday I put primer and sealer onto the bare wood of the dinette. Today I put primer and topcoat on the dinette. This time though, I used a brush.

The advantage of a brush is that I can get into corners and crevices. The advantage of a roller is that the finish is more even and its faster but it doesn't get into all the imperfections.

Anyway, I painted the inside and outside of the cabinets white. The drawer and doors will be purple as will the walls and ceiling. I'll put the purple paint on after I've done with the kitchen cabinets.

This is what the interior looked like yesterday. Today I didn't get a chance to take a picture because just as I completed painting the dinette, rain began to fall, followed by darkening skies and the sound of the hooves of the horses of the four horsemen of the apocalypse thundering over the horizon. As I'd pretty much finished when the storm began, I closed the bus and rinsed out my brush.

It was a good idea to paint the cabinet with just a single drawer first. It proved how hard if not impossible it is to paint properly with the runners in situ. Painting the dinette used over half a gallon of topcoat. The dinette and ceiling etc took probably two thirds of a gallon of primer too.

I'm not sure how well this latex paint will hold up. I'm hoping it'll last reasonably well. If it doesn't then I'll have to find oil based paint somewhere.

Meanwhile, visitor figures are down without Facebook. On the other hand, I'm not prepared to send Facebook the documents they demand. In fact, I informed Facebook of this. Despite losing maybe 30% of my visitors, its not worth surrendering my identity to something that sounds like a Nigerian scammer.

Reading around, I understand that facebooks stance on proof of ID is generally designed to block San Fransisco drag queens and transsexuals/transvestites from joining in the gender and name of their choice. Essentially, its anti constitutional but who said the Facebook marketing juggernaut cared about human rights or national laws?

A cynic would wonder whether Mark Zuckerburg designed the policy after an unhappy encounter with a drag queen...

No comments:

Post a Comment