Monday, October 5, 2015

South Carolina floods


This is what remains of the road close to where I live. Given that many bridges, roads, dams and homes have been compromised by the recent floods caused by the record-breaking 30 inches of rain over the past few days, its probably pretty safe to say that the roads leading to and from my workplace are impassable. Indeed, due to that I might even be correct to consider that I now need a new job.

Leakage inside my bus overnight was minimal. As its still raining, I couldn't go to put tape on the roof. In fact, aside from looking at things in the bus, I really didn't do anything today.

I'm lucky to be parked on high ground in the countryside. I hear there's major flooding in lower lying areas with many people now being homeless. In the cities and some residential suburbs, looting has become a problem. Much of South Carolina is currently under curfew from 7pm to 6am or dusk til dawn.

If I am correct in needing a new job then my bus is all but ready for living. At a pinch, it is usable - even without running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment