Sunday, January 4, 2015

A stinkin bucket

Today was partly thwarted by the power drill running out of power and simultaneously out of steel angle brackets. The upshot was that the toilet unit was not completed.

The toilet room however was completed although for obvious reasons the walls were not secured. The main problem was the floor which has rotted.

While working in the bus today it rained heavily. During this downpour I noticed and marked a small roof leak and noted a puddle by the emergency exit. This is in addition to the leaks by the windscreen. Clearly something that I will have to work on.

As stated, nothing has been truly secured in place until the floor has been sanded and colored. The section at the back has been affected by a leak that I fixed that previous owners never bothered with. There is also a bus wide section of about 6 feet of plywood that's rotted on both sides of the bus. On one side is the leaky emergency exit door. On the other side is where a water tank installed by a previous owner was situated. That had leaked badly.

The toilet itself was constructed around a blue plastic bucket. The idea was to use the bucket as a toilet with the bucket in a wood box with a toilet seat. Needless to say, the plan did not reach completion today. Tomorrow a trip to Lowes should provide enough brackets to complete the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment