Tuesday, May 5, 2015

How easy was that?

Yesterday was a day when I fitted the skin to the door skeleton I built on Sunday. Between arriving home from work and sunset there was sufficient time to nail two pieces of hardboard on, trim it to fit and to sand it all down.

Needless to say, I didn't hang the door because there's enough that could fall behind it that could cause major problems trying to open it. That would block my only entrance into the bus. Thus the door will be hung later.

Today I took four pieces of very mushy 2x4 and cut it down to fit the sides of the bus (63 inches) and to match the bedroom partitions (72 and 73 inches) since they're right for the bathroom side.

The wood was horrible to handle and horrible to cut but was better than when I bought it. Some sap had oozed out onto the bus floor. With luck it'll dry faster now its been cut. I almost cut the uprights for the cockpit end but didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment