Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Radio a shack sale

My local Radio Shack is closing so they have a 50% off sale on electronics. Needless to say, I couldn't pass that up. Into my shopping cart went terminal blocks, battery holders, connectors and fuses. Their batteries were horribly expensive even at 50% off! Thus, I got my rechargeable batteries in Walmart.

The plan is to connect the solar panels via protective diodes and fuses to 8AA NiMh batteries in series. Excess solar power will charge the batteries while the batteries will ensure the fans keep running when there's not enough solar power. My calculation is that I shouldn't fry the batteries without a charge controller. I would have used a big bank of capacitors but Radio Shack charges too much.

No work done on the bus today. I'm just too tired what with my 04:00 to 17:15 work lifestyle. Especially since I'm training too.

No comments:

Post a Comment