Monday, June 14, 2021

Another blisteringly hot day

Today I realized I had just two of my aluminium rivnuts left. It seems they were 8-32 not 8-24 as I'd thought though oddly they only like specific 8-32 bolts. Despite that I did manage to install my 3rd clearance light.

The clearance light that was in place was probably still working but the screw heads were so badly rusted it was impossible to unscrew them using a screwdriver. In the end I had to rip the plastic of the light assembly apart and whack the now standing proud screws with a pair of pliers then turn them with the pliers. That worked.
I think you'll agree - all of those clearance lights had seen better days. The other lights aside from the reversing lights were OK. They just needed new lenses.

Having done 3 clearance lights I now have a further 5 roof level clearance lights and 4 at ground level. I'm trying to get all the roof stuff done as I'm using somebody else's step ladder. I have more than enough amber clearance lights to do the job but need two more red lenses.

Today two things arrived in the post. One is a roll of 3/4 inch amber conspicuity tape that should attach to the gutter. The other is much more intriguing. I ordered a data logger that was advertised on eBay. 

This is a rather splendid device that can record temperatures continually over an adjustable period. The write-up was excellent. The reality is somewhat less impressive. It seems to require a CD of software specifically for the device to be used. Thereby hang two problems. First the software is for Windows only and second, my laptop does not have a CD drive. In fact, very few laptops these days do have them.

What I want to do is to log temperatures in the bus and tie the temperatures into the times the extraction fans are running to see how much difference the fans make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment