Thursday, January 12, 2017

Happy Slapper

No photo today. It was dark before I finished doing what I was doing.  The painting project wasn't even due to start until tomorrow. By happy coincidence work ended early today due to my nit having to deliver children to outlying areas in the schoolbus I drive.

As the next few days are forecast to be dry and warm, painting rust killing primer of the brackets made recently to hang my waste barrels seemed a good idea. Two brackets still need holes drilled. The problem there is the drill bits sold by Lowes (hiss, spit) are of extremely poor quality. They burn out incredibly quickly. Thus I did order some online. Those should arrive tomorrow if the postage prediction is correct.

Meanwhile the plan is to slap primer on all faces of the brackets. I've done the backs and edges today. Tomorrow I'll slap primer on the insides and touch up where I missed. After the primer has dried I'll put white topcoat. That should in theory all be done tomorrow.

The plan for Saturday, assuming the drill bits arrive is to drill mounting holes for at least 6 and preferably 12 brackets. I'll need to slap some protective paint on the newly cut steel then Sunday I hope to be in a position to install the brackets that will be supporting barrels. The brackets intended to support future barrels can be installed at leisure.

Another thing needing to be done is to install a mount for my small fan battery. That will be under the bus. That and the security bars for the drivers window. Both could be challenging to build. Rethinking the bars I was planning over the back windows, a sheet of painted plywood now seems a more appropriate idea. I'll have to investigate that further.

Today was just a few brief moments of happily slapping primer onto my freshly made brackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment