Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Done with lies, done with Lowe's (@lowes)

A few days ago, I was stuck with buying a second plumbing fixture from Lowe's when the first had an insufficient supply of parts. Buying Lowe's cheap plumbing stuff really worked out for me there! I'd have been better buying a standard plumbing fixture and paying a little more!

Needless to say, I complained to Lowe's via their Twitter account of @lowes and was asked to complete their "rant and rave" form online. What a waste of time that was! No action was ever taken, no help was ever offered.

Foolishly I've been in contact with Lowe's again. My bus roof has a couple of leaks. I heard about a product called Kool Seal that, according to the manufacturers website can be tinted. Even Lowe's agreed.

Thus, today I turned up at the store and asked for Kool Seal and for it to be tinted. A rather frumpish woman whose name was concealed stated that Lowe's did not tint Kool Seal. Thus I produced my phone and showed her the Twitter conversation that said Lowe's did upon which she again denied it and claimed other Lowe's might but they didn't put Kool Seal through their machines.

Aside from the fact all they do is to tip the dye into the tin then shake the tin for a few minutes, that sounds like nonsense. I asked her if she'd like me to tell Lowe's that they don't tint Kool Seal and made sure she saw me do just that!

The conversation with Lowe's continued via Twitter without resolution. I just get the feeling Lowe's really doesn't give a damn that they lose customers. Needless to say, I shall now stringently avoid Lowe's. There's Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Fastenal, Ace Hardware and a few others nearby. Looks like they're getting my trade from now.

And thus was my entire conversation with Lowe's. I shall, of course, never hear back from them, cannot in any way recommend them and will recommend based on my experience; there are better places to go.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment