Along the route, I connected the reversing horn but could not get it to work. That doesn't surprise me considering everything the hillbillies did to this vehicle was an unmitigated disaster. I figure I can afford to go and buy a new horn at some point.
Moving onto the extra speedometer sensor only part of which is present, I removed the dangling wires and moved on. The whole thing needs to be removed but looks so solidly installed that I hesitate to fight with it.
Out of fun, I sounded the horn and set all the neighborhood dogs barking. Then I tried to start the bus. The starter solenoid moved but that was it. The brand new batteries were flat. That was most curious.
Checking the kill switch, it was set to off and was still sitting on the little insulated tray I'd built for it. Clearly the kill switch is no good. It doesn't look like a cheap kill switch either. To be honest though, I do not like kill switches like this. I much prefer open switches where I can see the blades make contact.
Thus, at the moment, the batteries are on charge. I'll simply unbolt the negative wire that goes to the bus from the switch. That should isolate everything nicely.
In an attempt to cut down on current leakage I installed a physical switch rather than rely upon the on/off/volume switch on my CB. I don't believe that is the culprit but it's a potential culprit. I think the real culprit is the ABS system, given that I never had flat batteries when the 5A fuse to the ABS system was blown.
I've had another look at the mount for my reversing camera monitor. As it is, it's at the wrong angle. I want to put the pivoting mount on that was supplied together with the panel mount I'd bolted to the dashboard. In order to put that on though, I need power and the power cord is in use, charging the driving batteries.
Yesterday, aside from doing a little shopping, I traced the fault on my 120V electrical system. It seems that there's some kind of problem where the cable enters the back of the right hand socket. Wiggling it all killed the short circuit. That's not an acceptable solution, however. I'll probably rewire the right hand socket with new wire just to make dead sure it's done right. I used 30A wire on a 20A socket which was very hard to manipulate. This time I might use 20A and just hope it works well.