Thursday, June 13, 2019

Wow! More progress...

Again I was in the bus. I spent rather longer than I wanted to, installing the cabling for the shower fan. This was made easier because I'd already installed a spare cable to the inlet on this side of the bus. I have no spare cables ready run now. I don't think at this point that really is at all relevant since I have just about everything that I can think of connected.
I have to report that installing the switch and the fan were a complete success. I still have 4 rivet holes to fill but that's small work. I will probably have to rebuild my riveter.

Today started with rain and it rained heavily last night. Later it dried up and was quite pleasant. I started a new project - covering over the lower window of the back door. For that I needed some sheet steel and what better donor of sheet steel than an old washing machine?
Here, people buy a lot of secondhand appliances. This was a washing machine. Somebody seems to have painted it black over the white. The front had a lovely sized sheet of steel. Of course the only problem with using an angle grinder on sheet steel is that it really eats up cutting disks.
Nevertheless, the front was removed in short order and the remains of the washing machine returned to the storage area. Out of curiosity I tried the lid against some of the smaller windows but it was substantially too small. The big sheet from the front will have to be cut carefully to size.
There it is and it's a pretty big chunk. Well, after that I started cutting it to the right size but my grinding wheel didn't particularly care for the thin metal. Thus I have to get more grinding wheels when I'm out tomorrow.
It has got to the point where it's not really usable. There's only about an inch and a half to two inches of usable disk before they become so stumpy that they're unusable. I don't get this problem cutting thick metal. It's the thin stuff that does my disks in.

Well, that was all my achievements for the day. Not much and there's a pile left to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment