Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Out of darknes comes light!

Yesterday I didn’t have too much time to do anything what with things going on here. I did get to do some more painting on my brackets. Today was a different matter however. During my break from work and not being as tired as normal, I headed out to the bus and put up two of my three lamp brackets.
The stage after putting the brackets on was to glue the bulb holders to the brackets. That was where the best laid plans of mice and men came crumbling down. The glue had gone on holiday. Despite a hunt it was impossible to locate the glue. I did however find surplus wiring. I’ve clearly bought more than I need which gives me the opportunity to add an extra set of wiring. I’d thought of putting wiring in over the desk section of the galley and wiring a 12v pump into the shower so I don’t have to rely upon D batteries to run the shower.

Looking at water heating, rather than an instant heater, it makes more sense to have a 2.5 gallon water tank. Those are actually a fraction cheaper too. Using that and with a faucet and hose, I can fill a cooler with warm water for a shower and then use the 12v pump to run the shower. That all seems much more promising.
That’s the newly mounted bracket with the light just held in place. It looks pretty good. I’m not yet as far as installing lamp shade and the bathroom doesn’t really need a shade anyway. It’s not somewhere that anybody really wants to stay for longer than necessary. The light is just there for illumination while doing the necessary rather than somewhere to sit and relax.
Even in daylight, the light is pretty bright. I’ll mount a switch below the light with the wires going through to a box on the other side of the partition. I’ll probably mount that box in a few days. Right now it’s still in the post and due to arrive any day now.

And thus ended my 5 hour lunch break. I did put my freshly dried white foamboard in place, black side outermost. I’ll have to see if it makes a positive difference. In any case $1 on black acrylic paint isn’t going to break the bank. It’s way cheaper than spending $2.75 or more per panel for 6 panels.

Later, after returning from work, I’ll have to try again to hunt out my tube of glue. Heaven knows where that has got to. In fact there are several tubes and possibly duplicates. They’ve all gone on holiday to the Seychelles at the moment for all I know. I hope they bring me back something better than a damn tee-shirt though. I’ll be mighty mad if they don’t!

No comments:

Post a Comment