Saturday, July 22, 2017

Weird eBay

I've not posted anything bus related recently due to coming down with some bug or other. What with that and working ten hours a day, four days a week, I've just not had the time nor the health. 

Today I realized a remote security camera powered by excess solar power would be a good thing to mount in the bus. A brief hunt on eBay located a suitable candidate for just $10.27. Sadly I missed the part where it said it was coming from bloody China. Had I known that, I'd have gone for a different seller. It takes the Chinese delivery mule far too long to swim across the Pacific with my stuff.

Nothing got done today. As I said, I'm trying to recuperate from whatever ailment I have, without going to the doctor. Just because I have health insurance does not mean I can afford the copay nor the drugs.

Anyway, a while later I had an email from eBay. It was to inform me that the item I had purchased had been deleted. It was really quite confusing to be honest....
The listing you're interested in is no longer available


Hello schoolbushome,
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
327860627327 - Wireless 720P Pan Tilt Network Security CCTV IP Camera Night Vision WiFi ONVIF


Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks,

eBay 
 That just looked pretty darned weird. I went to my eBay purchases and things got weirder still.
It appears the eBay user no longer has an account now. So, it looks like I've bought an item that eBay has deleted at the same time as they deleted the seller. Then eBay wants me to wait until September before they'll refund me for the money I just lost. I honestly cannot see somebody whose account has been deleted going to their account to find who to send stuff to. There's no comeback on them for just taking the money and running. It just seems eBay is being less than honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment