Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Purple Heart? #nissan #baddesign

I was injured in action both today and yesterday hence its unlikely there'll be much done on the bus tomorrow.

Yesterday I was unloading my Xterra when I encountered the second of two disastrous design errors Nissan made. The two hydraulic arms that cost $80 each and hold the tailgate open had broken. This is the most assinine design ever as hydraulics always break. Then to imagine they'll last more than the warranty period! Those things broke straight after the warranty expired on them. That leaves the tailgate as a disaster waiting to happen.

Needless to say, that disaster happened yesterday when I encountered the second of Nissan's disastrous design decisions. The corner on the door is deadly. That, I can assure you, is really painful when you run into it with your head. Imagine standing underneath it when the hydraulics break - that could be deadly.

There really should be a class action against Nissan for this stupid piece of design. You can see clearly how dangerous that corner is. In my opinion, there is no finer tailgate than one that splits in the middle and opens to each side.

Today's accident involved slipping on wet stairs in the rain and sliding down the stairs to the ground. Quite a bumpy journey that left me covered in bruises. Fortunately I won't miss any paid work this week but I will miss my voluntary job. I'll also suffer yet more delays in working on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment