Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Why the long gap in posts?

 On May 3rd I had a work accident that has had me laid up ever since. Nothing permanent, thank goodness, but it does mean that I am off work for the moment and have been for a while. Without going into further details nothing more is likely to be done on the bus for a while.

Meanwhile I have been working on other projects including some computer programming and electronics as those are light things that won't involve carrying anything heavier than my small laptop.

I had been planning a summer trip. There's really not much remaining to be done on the bus. The essential is the back brake line. There's reworking the right wiper mount but that's it. The tyres are new but have not been used since installed in December. I've not driven an inch. I last bled the brakes in April so I should be able to move the bus a bit. Now that I've healed some, I can probably do that.

I bought the bits to add second solar inputs beside the two existing solar inputs on the side of the bus but in the meantime have redeployed the 15w panel elsewhere. I have the two 20W panels as one unit and three 10W panels as one unit. I have a further two 10w panels as one unit. The two 30w panels are not one unit. If they were all put on at the same time then I could probably do it using just one splitter. The ideal would be to add the second solar inputs.

So, I have two tasks that should be done. I have several tasks that it would be nice to do. Other than that the bus does appear to be completed for the moment. The seam sealing seems to have worked although I have not driven the bus since so I don't know what will shift when I'm driving. The white outside is now getting pretty grey so it does need a wash. The white paint has come off in a few small areas but the plan is to sand and spray where it does come off.

The plan for bars over the windows still exists.



No comments:

Post a Comment