Monday, February 19, 2018

End of the day!

I had somewhat of a late start to the day. I knew I needed to get under the bus and get dirty - something I really dislike. I put it off as long as possible, finding other things to do that were of little to no consequence. My late aunty would have called it “fiddle-fiddling” and somebody on LinkedIn would have considered it to be procrastination. Certainly it’s procrastination of the highest order. I’m guilty as charged!

So, the first thing I did was to revert to my original plan for the water inlet. I mounted the water gun below the handbasin. I could have got away with just a little plastic faucet but there seems no really easy way to mount one.
Now my countertop is as flat as it was before - the way I like it. This will make it easier to fill jugs, and jerry cans with water while parked and plumbed in. I didn’t however, get underneath to complete the last bit of plumbing.

Instead I got on with my extra wiring. I’d got almost to the back when two things happened simultaneously - the daylight jumped on it’s horse and got clean away and the puny little battery on my cheap Harbor Freight drill ran out of charge. I could have grabbed my power drill but I’ve broken a few bolts with that as it’s just a little over powerful.
 There you can see the power cable coming down from the bathroom. That carries wires for my soon to be installed 12V shower and the light and USB charger for the other end of the galley. There is also a spare cable. I’m not sure what it’ll be used for or if but I have found spare cables usually get used for something.
 I spent several hours rolling in the sand and dirt under the bus and I do mean rolling. Rolling is by far the easiest way to move around and to get under the bus. I lie down and roll under. I have got a creeper that I made but it only works if I’m on solid ground, not sandy soil as here. Each of the cables in the photo represent wiring that I’ve installed. It’s getting to be quite a lot!
One of the irksome things about spray cans is occasionally they don’t work. This was a can of Rustoleum self-etching primer. I bought it a long time ago and it worked for maybe a couple of minutes then instead of spraying, dribbled paint all over my hand. I’ve had a couple of spray cans do that to me. Anyway I went to use it recently and though it’s almost full, it wouldn’t hiss or let any paint out. Needless to say, when it won’t let the paint out of one hole, the only thing to do is to make another hole (or two) and let the paint out that way! Of course by the time I’d gone to the paint can after making the holes (from a safe 100 yards), the paint had all gone and was rapidly drying. Darn!

As I said, my work was not quite completed today. Having attached probably 20 feet of cable every foot or so and with maybe 4 or 5 attachment points to go, the drill ran out of power and the day ran out of light. Still, I’m way advanced over were I was last week. There’s still plenty to do though.

No comments:

Post a Comment