Wednesday, August 16, 2017

And on the 12th day the Lord spake and said

Let there be a kitchen so the womenfolk may cook and serve their men. And lo, a kitchen was born and women did love this kitchen and their newfound ability to serve their men.

Well, today after having my freshly painted fridge bouncing around in the back of my car for the last week or so while the paint thoroughly baked itself dry, I lifted the fridge out and installed it in my bus. I must say it looks pretty good there. I'll have to install a flat batton to stop it sliding and rig some kind of closure to keep the door shut in transit but I think you'll agree it looks pretty good.
My little kitchen is shaping up nicely with the microwave and fridge visible. The microwave probably won't last too long. It was one of the cheapie $30 microwaves from Walmart bought during their back to school sales gimmick. The fridge came with the bus. It has a 2003 date on the back and I see them on sale in Walmart for $60. Not too bad - a $90 kitchen!

The fridge protrudes a little but more by miscalculation than any other reason. Behind it is my electrical breaker box. Were it not for that, I'm sure the fridge would sit square with the countertop. Having said that, it's not a problem and all looks pretty good. Of course, when the microwave makes its way out of the box, it'll look even better!

And thus draws to a close a summer that was less devoted to bus conversion than I would have liked. As far as retitling is concerned, all the elements are there. It just needs the application to be sent off and then later the improvements start. First comes the underbus battery then comes the air conditioner and then the cold water inlet then the hot water then perhaps a flush toilet. Sometime down the line new tyres and getting the brake pedal adjusted.



No comments:

Post a Comment