Monday, August 24, 2015

Screwing around

Today after work, I did a little inside the bus. The first thing was to tidy the floor a little. This was achieved by picking up the sink unit and popping it into its mount on the vanity. It's not screwed down because I had the fresh ideas yesterday.

After that, it was time to clear the dinette countertop. This was achieved largely by transferring the supplies from one counter to the other. I still have a massive problem. It's just moved from one side to the other.

Of course, in so doing, I inadvertantly tipped a load of screws into my tool box on top of the very tools I needed. I just didn't think ahead! I'll blame it on being tired after work! Fortunately the two tools I needed were my countersink head and a drill bit. The aim was to screw the countertop down prior to painting. Painting was not done today.

Fortunately, with sufficient pressure and an electric drill, its possible to make drywall screws countersink themselves. This worked well. Oddly I found I had not put a cross member under the join in the OSB. I'll have to see how that works out. Still, it is just a desktop - no weight of pressure expected.

Tomorrow I might even get to slap some paint on it! Then I will be short of three things that I was to have done this weekend:
1 the closet chain
2 the shower base mount
3 painting the galley floor

In other news, a few weeks ago I took down the personal bio. There's no particular need for it. I'd rather stay anonymous. Today I put up an FAQ page. How long I'll leave that up remains to be seen. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment