Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A non entry

Today was a day when I worked as a volunteer and went supplies shopping. That's almost all I did.

On the list today were 1.25 inch drywall screws and a 16 inch drawer runner. I did pick up a can of wd40 though. It wasn't something I'd thought of but since it was $2.99 rather than $5.99 and since I use the stuff occasionally, it was worthwhile.

While I was at work, I chatted to some guys who were putting privacy film on glass screens. They suggested three things. The first was that Windex can be used to remove privacy film. The second was that a non carbon razor blade could be used to scrape resistant film off. I was also told film could just bake on with the sun. A further titbit is that you can't have too much soapy water sprayed.
So, as soon as I got home, mindful of the fact privacy film might be hard to remove if it's left too long, I prised up a fold in the mess on the back window and it all peeled off easily. Now I can redo it. In fact, I'll redo the three windows I did badly. I hate bad workmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment